This Website requires you to be 18 years or older
We're Sorry !
You must be 18 years of age or older to enter this site.
Careers at Vinotopia Wine Merchants
If we have any open job opportunities at Vinotopia Wine Merchants, we will post the information to this page.
Wine Retail & Events Assistant
Vinotopia Wine Merchants are looking for a Full time Retail and Events Supervisor to join its small, friendly team.
The perfect candidate should be used to working as part of a team and also able to use their own initiative and work independently.
Retail or hospitality experience is desirable, and events experience would be a bonus. Wine qualifications or knowledge of wine would be preferred, and WSET qualifications can be offered in return for a training agreement. Experience and use of social media platforms to create content would also be useful.
The successful candidate must be reliable, flexible, hardworking and have a pleasant personality to be able to interact with customers. Work will be divided between the shop and the warehouse. An element of physical work will be part of the role.
As the shop will be open 7 days a week, candidates must be able to work weekdays and weekends and occasionally evenings.
All applicants must be over 18 years of age and have some knowledge of age restricted sales. All applicants must hold a full clean UK/EU/EEA driving licence for at least 12 months.
The job will entail dealing with:
- Till operating, cash handling, end of the day reporting.
- Stock replenishment and accepting deliveries.
- General cleaning duties as required.
- Meeting suppliers, tasting wines and assisting the shop manager and operations manager with sourcing new products.
- Delivering exceptional customer service and offering advice on wine & spirit selections.
- Take responsibility of the store and team in the absence of the manager.
- Support junior team members to develop their product knowledge.
- Take accountability and pride for the appearance and maintenance of the shop.
- Other general store duties.
- Assisting at wine tasting events and dinners in store and at other locations.
- Using social media platforms to create content, stories and reels.
Details of Salary, bonus schemes and pension schemes available on application please send a C.V. and a short introductory video to email@example.com